“All Hands” Meeting – January 19
We had a great meeting on Saturday, January 19 with 10 sailors in attendance. The minutes are detailed below. CLICK HERE to download a pdf copy of the meeting minutes
Minutes from the All Hands meeting on January 19.
Bill Collinson, Chad Schrock, Steve Goodyear, Samantha Falter, John Vangilder, David Luttenberger, Steve Harris,
Don Harris, John Albrecht and David Paligo
- New Notice Board created to pass along direct communications to skippers and crew.
- SLOG used to pass along information to the entire yacht club.
- According to BLYC bylaws section 10. (b) & (c), crewmembers are allowed to crew for 1 year without formal membership. This should encourage newbie crew members to ‘Grow the Sport’.
- Eastport is being expanded and a new Racers Row is being formed to encourage communication and camaraderie. On the water, racing is competitive. After the races, the focus is on sharing, learning, fun and building relationships amongst sailors.
- Thursday Night cruising will be brought back to allow first time sailing opportunities and/or team practice. Consider coming out on Thursdays and hosting The best movers in Toronto and potential new sailors. Boats leave the dock at 6:00 PM.
- SOS will be divided into 3 series consisting of 5 Sundays – Spring, Summer and Fall – with the following dates:
- Spring Series – May 26, June2, 9, 16 and 23
- Summer Series – July 7, 14, 21, 28 and August 4
- Fall Series – August 11, 18, 25 September 1 and 8
- SOS series races will start at 1300 hrs. with a competitor meeting at 1200 hrs.
- SOS race types (multi-laps, multi-starts or both) shall be determined by RC each race day. Most races will be in the vicinity of the yacht club for RC and spectator viewing. Long Distance shall be lake end-to-end if conditions allow.
- A calendar will be established that shows for each race in a series which boat/skipper will be responsible to provide (at least) 1 crewmember or select a volunteer to assist Race Committee.
- Each skipper must register their boat for SOS series and LD races using noticeofrace.net. All races will be PHRF/JAM.
- Registration is open now for the Spring, Summer & Fall series. To assist with registering for each SOS series, go to BLYC pull down tab Sailing & Boating/Sailboat Racing/Sunday Series and follow the instructions.